Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Review of SS501 Songs

I’m not being biased or anything but I really love almost all songs of SS501. I just love how their voices compliment each other..if u ask me..i will definitely say that I love young saeng’s voice the most (now im being biased here..hehe)..well but who doesn’t right? I really love his sweet and powerful voice..and now after watching various persona performances..i can say that he was able to show his versatility on stage..we all know him as the one most suited for ballads right?..but he proved that he can sing rock & rap songs as well..the second one I like (we are talking about their voices ok..) is hyungjun’s..and then followed by jungmin, kyu jong and hyun joong..here is my personal review of some of SS501 songs:

Because I’m Stupid
As I’ve said in my previous post..this is the very first song of SS501 that I came to know. I first heard it while watching Boys over Flowers..at first I didn’t know that SS501 is the one who sang it. I didn’t like the song at first but after hearing them performed it live..i fell in love with it..

U R Man
If the previous song is the first song of SS501 that I heard, this song is the first song I saw them performed live. I didn’t know much about them then..my first impression of them is that they look matured..i even asked myself how old they were at that time..maybe because of the outfits they have during U R Man performances. I especially love the “take off jacket” & “remove dandruff” move..& I always love young saeng’s expression while taking off his jacket during the last part of the song..where he will always make this cute pout. Haha..biased much? Ok here’s one vid of them performing U R Man live.


Credit: babyhyunjoong’s YT Channel

And here’s one bonus video of Kim Hyun Joong’s U R Man rehearsal



Never Again
Now this is the song that made me fall in love with saengi’s voice..i can still remember the first time hearing this. Its quite memorable coz while listening to it, my mind is thinking of a scene in a fanfic I was reading at that time. Actually the author of the fanfic is the one who mentioned this song. First time hearing, I fell in love with it right away. Especially this part: ♪ I don’t wanna love again…baby I don’t wanna love again ♪..whoa saengi’s voice makes me melt! lol! And also baby’s part: ♪ oohh I don’t wanna love again…I don’t..i don’t..i don’t baby I don’t wanna love again can’t you see my darling ♪
I always listen to this song when im emo-ing!! Haha..

You Are My Heaven
This song is one of my favorite. I love how their voices compliment each other. I love how each member were given the part that suites him the best. kyu jong’s voice at the beginning is just so good..and then baby’s and leader’s rap to jung min’s saranghae to the nth level (lol..get what I mean) and of course I will never forget saengi..his soothing voice completes the whole song. Here is my favorite live performance of You Are My Heaven. If im not mistaken this was from the Showcase with Triple S concert last 2009.


Credit: marge0256m’s YT Channel


A Song Calling For You
The time when I was in the point of “getting to know” more of SS501, I saw lots of videos for this song on youtube. this song is really cute..and the mv is cute too (watch it on my previous post) i personally think that this is the song where they made a lot of mistakes during performances..haha..i love watching those cute little mistakes that the fans were able to capture while SS501 is performing this song. so who do u think made the most number of mistakes for this song?..hehe..

Again
Also one of my favorite. Honestly the first time I saw this song title on youtube, I didn’t bother to watch it..hehe..i thought its the same as Never Again but later on found out that it’s a different song..what I can’t forget whenever I listen to this song is the scene in SOS where young saeng cried because of that little boy who he got really close to. A family will adopt that little boy and they (especially ys) are really sad because they will be separated..that’s a sad scene..young saeng locked himself in the other room crying while this song is playing in the background. T_T Here’s my favorite live performance of this song. Again, taken from the Showcase with Triple S mini concert.


Credit: hoonfami’s YT Channel

DejaVu
I love the dance!! so love it! I think that their choreography for this song is the best. I always love it whenever they performed this live. The last part is just awesome! I also love the part where baby will jump over leader. This song really shows their charisma on stage.

Ok I think I will stop this for now..there are still loads of SS501 songs that I didn’t mention..this is just the 1st part..hehe..i will also be posting a separate one for the songs in the Rebirth Album..love all the five songs there.

No comments:

Post a Comment